6.22.2012

Braided Charm Bracelet DIY


It's been a while since I made some purty jewelry, so I decided to make somethin' nice today!


Start with three strands of ribbon/yarn/fabric/etc.


Choose several charms to be woven throughout your bracelet.
Make a knot at one end of the three grouped strands.


Now, braid away!
Every inch or so (or less, if you like!), thread a charm onto one of the three strands and then continue braiding like you were.
Once you've reached the end of your bracelet, make another knot to secure the braid.  I recommend double-knotting both ends, just to be safe.


For the first bracelet I made, I didn't finish braiding until I was near the end of the three strands, and when I tried to fit the bracelet around my wrist, it was far too big!  That's okay, though, because I decided to simply knot the longer end around my first charm at the other end to secure the bracelet as, well, a bracelet.  I made sure I could slip the bracelet on and off my wrist without any trouble.


For the second bracelet I made, however, I decided to shorten the braid so that it fit perfectly around my wrist, and then I knotted a jump ring on one end and a clasp on the other.


I'm thinking about calling this an amulet bracelet to conjure up some good luck and protection!

Enjoy creating your own unique treasure accessory!

No comments:

Post a Comment